Tackle complex initiatives, scale your impact, and guide teams through tricky transformations
Keeping up with a rapidly changing and increasingly complex world is crucial for a thriving business. You need to continuously evolve in an uncertain environment. It requires building new value and ways of working, while accounting for legacy systems and processes along the way.
You’ve read the articles, bought the books, and listened to interviews with industry leaders. But theoretical approaches aren’t working.
You have big goals and are looking for some guidance, extra hands, and an outside viewpoint with a neutral voice. You need someone who’s been under the hood and understands the challenges of working in highly-connected and constrained environments. Where you need to work with what you have and act quickly to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders. We’re here to help.
Dealing with complexity doesn't have to be complicated.
What if your venture looked like this:
- Day-to-day actions propel progress toward your dreams of the future
- Multiple groups are aligned around and energized by the same mission
- Ideas that will best leverage your limited resources are consistently identified, prioritized, and selected
- You have a full picture of current and potential investments
- Investments build on each other with limited rework
- The organization can adapt quickly and elegantly
- Team members confidently deal with issues involving technology, business, and policy
- The organization can tackle highly valuable, complex, and risky changes
- Meetings are fun and employees are excited to come to work
- Your organization converts its uniqueness, research, and insights into better customer value and thought leadership in the industry
This future is possible sooner than you might think, with the right actions, systems, and mindset.
Recharted Territory helps clients unlock value and overcome challenges through discovery and design techniques drawn from systems engineering, agile, human-centered design, and enterprise architecture. The approach covers a holistic view of people, process, technology, and politics and a full-stack perspective from strategic to tactical.
A broad approach with targeted dives enables clients to reliably identify opportunities and red flags, leading to short-term tactical wins and long-term strategic plans for success.
How we work together
Our approach focuses on complex systems analysis & design, portfolio process consulting & management, and training. Recharted Territory is based in the Washington, D.C. metro area but we also serve remote clients. The combination of services can be customized to fit needs, and we’re ready to help you with on-going support or a one-time project.
Services are typically delivered via the following offerings:
Path to Portfolio™
Setting up sustainable systems to identify and deliver value
Every single day you invest resources with the goal of amplifying the value of your work. Sometimes you need outside help to jump-start or revamp your portfolio approach.
Our signature Path to Portfolio™ program includes setting up the tools, habits, and culture to tackle and manage complex initiatives. This is the most in-depth engagement option, and we’ll spend a lot of time together in order to understand your business, create an action plan, and work alongside you every step of the way.
We’ve seen what works (and what doesn’t) as companies scale agile and apply portfolio management. We also know that while many challenges are similar, aspects of your organization are unique so we’re prepared to work with you to design a plan that fits both your immediate needs and long-term goals.
By the end of the full program you’ll have:
- A centralized knowledge base for tracking your portfolio and improvements to your business
- Teams that can quickly identify and deliver value
- An organization that can break down, plan, and execute on high-value, high-complexity initiatives
- A culture of experimentation for learning and adapting
- Systems for making decisions based on quantitative and qualitative insights
- A vision and roadmap for your enterprise to align short-term work with long-term goals
- Custom training materials for onboarding new team members
Business architecture & systems engineering support
From complexity to clarity, quickly
Recharted Territory can help fill the gap between strategy and execution, set up a knowledge base and build out useful artifacts until you’re ready to transition to in-house resources. This is the “what” to support the “how” that is covered in Path to Portfolio™.
Meetings that are fun and productive
Workshops with lean outcomes make up the Path to Portfolio™, and we also offer individual workshops to help explore a problem space, create a roadmap, run release planning, or work through an entire Enterprise Design Sprint. More than just facilitation, we can help you complete analysis as well. This is great for organizations that want to learn by doing. We’ll work with you to design a workshop that meets the needs of your team and the context of your business.
Let's get started
We currently have a handful of spots for ongoing service clients and would love to chat with you about your needs. Book a free consult to kick off the process.
Conquer your next big initiative with support from Recharted Territory >>
Lisa here. I'm available for speaking and happy to customize content for your audience. Contact me if you’re interested in chatting more.
We’re always on the lookout for interesting people working on impactful projects. Reach out with anything else you have in mind.